Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Queen Crafty Girl is back! ..finally

Sorry about my long leave but hopefully I am back for good. I missed blogging and can't wait to come back to it again. I think when I left, I lost some of my inspiration, creativity, and imagination. I'm so glad I came back to the blogging world filled with all the things I've missed. I truly have missed all my amazingly creative friends! And sooo...here's what I've been up to:


Right now I am thinking of designing my brother a super-hero costume (which will definitely have a cape included)...any ideas? He wants to add his crocodile hat to the costume and wants to be called "Croc Man"

2ND PLACE!--
I won 2ND PLACE in the art contest!! The pictures my teacher picked out--"Chinese Boy" won 2nd and the abstract drawing of my brother got an honorable mention! Oh, how proud I was when I got the news from my art teacher. Also I got $10. Not bad :)
(sorry, but I don't have my pictures back from the art contest yet...I will take pictures of the ribbons and things once I get them sent back to me.)


Maggie---the sketch in progress--

Here is a picture of when I started the pencil sketch of my dog.



and here is the almost finished product....except I have misplaced it at the moment...this always seems to happen to me for some reason. (it's the messiness in me)

8 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Queeny, your pencil sketch of Maggie is really beautiful! Your progress is astounding!
Congratulations on 2nd place in the contest. Very exciting news. Glad you are back blogging. I missed you.

Demoiselle Libellule said...

Thank you Queeny for visiting my blog! Your pencil sketch is really beautiful!

Viele Grüße

Bea

mimilove forever said...

Yay! Welcome back and congrats on the competition too!

Your drawing skills are coming on in leaps and bounds..Maggie sketch is incredible!
x:)

Leanne Pizio said...

Hey Queeny,
Robyn is right. This drawing is truly wonderful. And your progress in just a couple of months is amazing. You are leaping and bounding all over the place.
Just call me PAL...Proud Aunt Leanne
Love you missy.

Undaunted said...

Oh Wow, I have to agree with Robyn, your progress is incredible! You always completely amaze me with your art. Well done Queeny!

And congratulations on coming 2nd place in the art contest! I'd be very happy with ten bob too! ("bob" is British slang for pounds in money. Also could be refered to as ten "quid" or "a tenner")

:)

queencraftygirl said...

Thanks Robyn,
I'm glad you like it. :) I really enjoyed drawing it. I think it came easier because it's my dog that I was drawing...but I still surprised myself. I'm so glad I'm back, too.


Demoiselle Libellule,
Oh, you are very welcome! You are very good with needle work! Thanks for visiting my blog, too.

Thanks Mimi!
I'm so happy to be back!

Hey Pal,
I like your new nick-name. Thanks! Mom, Dad, brother T, and my art teacher are very impressed with my drawing. :) (besides you and my great blogging friends)

Seems like I'm leaping and bounding in growth, too. I'm 5 foot 6..I don't want to be too tall!

UN-Deeeeeeeeeeeee!
Missed you. How are you doing? We need to skype sometime soon. Thanks bunches.

Yeah, too bad I spent the money right when I got it. :/ "Bob, tenner, quid"...those are really neat names! I have never heard them before. I like quid the best. It reminds me of a squid :)

Love to all,
Queeny C.G.

Jacky said...

Welcome back... we missed you!

I am blown away by your drawing of Maggies...fantastic. I think you have a huge talent.

jacky xox

queencraftygirl said...

Hey Jacky,
I missed you too! I visited your blog and..wow..I am loving your stitch work you're doing. I have started crosstitching! I really like it. I'll put up a picture on my blog as soon as I finish a sampler.

Thank you!

Love,
Queeny